Thursday, April 23, 2009

SLS = No Thank You

Last night I had the pleasure of having drinks with some of my girls who I haven't seen in ages...@theoneinpink, @christiem & @erikasays. Miss Townsend got on my case for not keeping up with my blog so here I am. The girls were attending a female blogger shindig hosted at the new SLS Hotel on La Cienega in Beverly Hills. I've been wanting to check this place out for awhile so it was the perfect opportunity.

I showed up at about 8pm and walked in to what I assumed would be the lobby of the hotel. Normally when you walk in to a hotel you see a check-in desk, right? The entire night I still never found it. You pretty much enter directly into the bar area, which they call The Bazaar, and then the dining room is to your left. I'm still wondering where the hell the check-in desk is and where are the elevators? Don't get me wrong this place has beautiful decor, but it's the other elements that make your experience.

We tried to put our name in for a table for dinner...oh they don't take names. We just had to stick around and keep checking back in. WTF?! So we opted for a little couch, small talk and drinks. One glass of wine is $16!! After 2 drinks my tab came to $34 after tax.

If you're looking for men in suits with money, super skinny girls who love the scene, and friendly bartenders (a plus) but bad waitor service, then SLS is the place for you. I still would like to see what recession we seem to be in when people shell out that kind of cash all the time.

For this girl I would say "no thank you" to another night at SLS. But in the words of Miss California, "no offense to anyone out there."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wee! I'm glad my pushiness paid off. I got lucky with not having to pay for my drinks, but that place was super odd. Pretty, though!